The goal of the strength and conditioning program at GCHS is to maximize each student-athlete’s potential ability. We serve all the athletic teams at GCHS. We strive to provide a safe, clean, and first class facility. Our workouts are strenuous while we follow a safe and logical progression of intensity from basic to advanced level.
The principles of our training philosophy are as follows:
- Safety and proper technique are #1.
- Workouts will be tailored for athletes to accommodate in-season vs. off-season emphasis.
- We train our athletes to be athletic, not powerlifters.
- We have standards of strength which push athletes without chasing unsafe numbers.
- Our core lifts are the Bench Press, the Parallel Back Squat, & the Power Clean.
- We begin each workout with a dynamic stretch & warm-up. We end each workout with a static stretch. Athletes will have access to myofascial devices to aid in the recovery process after strenuous workouts or practices.
- Each athlete will develop the basics of linear speed, agility, and explosiveness.